Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My New Goal


So on Sunday I went to a fireside where the amazing Sherri Dew spoke. She talked about influences and what influences your life. My life now has been influenced a lot by the Temple. It has changed me for the better. She talked about finding out your purpose in life and what the Lord wants you to do. I recently got called to be the Young Single Adult Rep in my home ward. So I am still in my primary calling, but I have this other one. This one scares me to death. I have to do things and put myself in situations that I have avoided for most of my life. I have to contact 73 people who are young single adults in the ward, but only 6 of them go to church. I am going to have to go door to door, put myself in awkward situations when someone slams the door in my face. Having said this I know I have to do it and I will do it because it is the Lord's work not mine. He is having me do this to prepare me for whatever else he has planned for me. I am not married at this time to help find people or just someone to show them how much the Lord loves them and wants them to know of him. He is teaching me skills I thought I never would have and doing things I never would do. I am doing things that have scared me most of my life, but I am loving it. He is pushing me to be where he needs me to be. The other mission I have is to get the young single adults to gain a love for the Temple. I feel so strongly that if they keep going and gain this love and excitement that they would have more strength to fight all the things they are being tempted with. We had our first temple day on Saturday and only three showed up. I am not worried though because that means I have more work to do. I have such a strong testimony of the temple and its power and of its importance. Work and knowledge is important and the keys to a better life. I know this to be true. So I have work to be done. Knowing how is something I am figuring out, but I am doing the Lord's work and I am his instrument so I am in good hands.

No comments:

Followers