Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The happenings at this moment

I can't believe it has been almost year since I have posted anything. A lot has happened, but at the same time things are still the same. Still working towards a career in Genealogy, still teaching, still single (which I am fine with but sometimes I say what the hell men, but I am still fine with it) and still love my life. But I do have to admit I have been in a kind of a funk these last two months which means it is time to grow again. Things are not panning out as I have hoped in certain situations, such as dating or career wise. I am learning a lot about myself through these things. The last two and a half years everything had gone right to the point I was blissfully happy. I am still pretty happy, but not blissfully happy. It is funny to see how you react to disappointments and frustrations. What I am learning from these experiences is how one of the main purposes in life is to not let it get you down and bitter. It is tricky at times to be honest, but you have to teach yourself to look at all the good in life. It is true there can be bad in life, but there really is just as much good in the world. It is so easy to allow that bitterness set inside your mind and heart at times, but if you allow it to settle you miss out on so much. I am also learning on being more open to experiences. I always thought I was an open person, but discovering I have so much more to learn and explore in life. These last two years I have explored my religious side which I have found so much joy in learning in that aspect and I am continuing to find joy in it, but I have learned that is part of me not the whole me. It is a very big part of me, but I have other parts of me I need to show. And lastly I have learned about me is how much I use my sarcasm to make me feel comfortable in situations. I love being sarcastic, but I am beginning to realize maybe I shouldn't use it all the time. I need to allow myself to be seen as more than that. I am a nice girl who can be girly and sweet, but I am very protective of me because I do feel deeply at times. I do love hard as I have said before and after that one dude I don't like people to see that part. So I am doing a lot of changing again and a lot of self discovery that I am liking. Growth is so much a part of life and it is important to push yourself to live life as your best self as well as being a sarcastic bitch once and a while. So that is is what new with me so far.

No comments:

Followers