Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Families are Forever



These last two weeks have been a sad one and yet happy at the same time. My uncle Mike had a stroke during his surgery to fix a broken bone. He was recovering and was put in a care facility where they forgot to clean his catheter and he went into septic shock. He could not recover and sadly he passed away last night. I am sad, but it is harder to see my mom go through losing her brother before she expected it. During these last few weeks I have had some pretty amazing experiences. After his surgery and before we knew things were going to get better at that time and before the septic shock, we visited. I was sitting there thinking how sad this was when I felt my Grandpa Burt's spirit enter the room. At first I was like, wait am I really feeling this. I then began to cry and knew it was real. I asked if it was him and I heard a voice say, "yes I am here". Freaked me out, but not scary freak out, freak out that I am not used to this. I have been somewhat in tune before and not in tune at all. To now be in tune, (not fully in tune but in tune for this), I am getting used to it. Then last week when we knew my uncle was going to die we went to visit him in his home. In that room I felt my grandma now. She was there strongly and when leaving I let my cousin know. While I was telling her I got a very strong impression to tell my cousin that my Grandma loved her. Again, freaked out because I am not used to it. If only I was in tune to other things that would help life choices would be a little easier and know for a fact what I am feeling is right, but I know these thing grow line upon line. I am grateful to be in tune to some things and I know that the reason is because I go to the temple every week. It helps me be in tune to those things spiritual. Being able to be in tune to my grandparents again proves that families are together forever through our Heavenly Father's plan, as the primary song says! I love that I have this knowledge and KNOW it is true. I am grateful for that knowledge. So I am sad my uncle has passed but know he is with his awesome parents again and is no longer suffering. I love my family and grateful that I have an opportunity to be with them forever. What an awesome promise God has made us if we work hard to do our best in this life. I love it!!! I ask those to pray for my cousins and aunt on losing my uncle so unexpectedly, but I know the Lord will give them peace and comfort as they mourn. Again I love my family and I wish them nothing but love and comfort during their grief. Families are Forever!!!

(so I know I have only posted spiritual things on here, but really nothing much is going on in my easy, simple, great life but these great spiritual things. I really do have other things going on and I am not church and God all the time. I am well balanced just in case anyone was wondering. But the Gospel is my main priority in life. I lived a life too long with making it only just a little and I am never going to make that mistake again because I have never been happier until I started making it a main priority. Just had to throw that in there because I realized I have mostly talked spiritual, not that that is wrong, but wanted to make sure people knew I am balanced. :) )

No comments:

Followers