Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas is the best!

What a great Christmas. It was spent with family, food and the Spirit. Nothing is better than those three things. I received great presents this year. A new coat which was very much needed, a statue of my fave princess Sleeping Beauty(thanks Camille), a story about Christmas story by my father, and a book called 21 Days Closer to Christ. My nieces and nephews reminded me how exciting Christmas can be and remembering what it is to be a child. I love having young children around now at Christmas. They make it so fun.
So my pondering of this day to celebrate the beginning of the Savior's mission on earth has been a happy one. Yes the birth is important, but it is how He lived and taught that is important. Also His death and Resurrection that is wonderful as well. But today was the day to remember that glorious night our Savior came down to redeem all men. How amazing that night must have been to see this baby be born who in 33 years would suffer and die for all man would be able to return to our Father in heaven. He came knowing He would suffer to pay our debts from our sins and make it possible to be able to repent. I love the Savior and am in continuous awe of Him. I am looking forward to this book to help me stretch and grow more spiritually. I have grown a lot spiritually already this year, but I know I have so much more to go. I want to push myself more to be in tune. Even though I can say now that I no longer just believe in the Savior, but I know He lives. I know and He is my best friend, but I want to know more and be closer to Him so I can serve Him better and do His work better. There is this quote by C.S Lewis in the beginning of this book that struck me. It says, "You are embarking on something which is going to take the whole of you". What a wonderful and scary thing to know. I am excited, but know I am going to be pushing myself to grow in ways that may seem hard or uncomfortable, but it will be worth it and it will be beautiful in the end. So that is what I have pondered this Christmas and looking forward to growing more. Merry Christmas friends!

No comments:

Followers