Friday, December 3, 2010

A Milestone in my Career

I have hit a major achievement in my career, so before I reveal what it is I first have to thank some people. First my high school teacher who took me to a child care facility knowing that I would be good at teaching children and helped me get my first teaching job. Second all the kids I have taught over the years, without you this would not be possible. Third, all the teachers who have trained me and helped me become the teacher I am today and I am continuing to grow and learn from other professionals. So what is this milestone I have made in my 11 years of teaching young children you ask? Well as of today I have potty trained my 200th child. Yes, I have trained 200 young children how to use the toilet. Crazy huh? I did the math today during my lunch. I was bored and I just had a kid today who got the hang of it and so I was like, hmm how many kids have I potty trained? Truly an accomplishment I will continue to brag about for the rest of my life and more children will be added to that number in the coming years. I know you are all jealous of my major accomplishment, I can feel it! :)
Also I realized I haven't really updated on me lately besides my spiritual things, so I thought I would take a moment to do so. Well, still socially awkward, but continuing to work on trying to be a little less. Not that I will ever be completely not awkward socially, but a little less would be super great. Also still working on losing these last 30lbs. Kicking my butt hard with slow results, but will continue to kick butt. Also after many years of not really having a celebrity crush because I really don't watch a lot of TV, but someone got me hooked on the show the vampire diaries and I fell fantasy in love with the actor on there. I really could stare at him all day and never get bored. I'm really not in love with him, I just like looking at him, so basically I am in visual lust with him. I don't want to know anything about him or any of that crap, again I just enjoy looking at him. I mean maybe I would like to make out with him once or twice and I think could die happy and completely satisfied with my life!! Just Kidding. So that is the update of me, still happy and truly loving my simple life that some may see as boring, but I live life with a great love and appreciation that is so simply perfect. Learning all I can, loving as much as I can, growing in scary new awesome ways as a human being, and just love being plain ordinary. I believe that being an ordinary person is truly extraordinary. I don't need to do a lot of amazing things to matter in this life. Loving and serving the Lord the best I can, being kind to others, work hard on everything I need to, and working on always trying to be the best person in this life is all I feel that matters. Life is good in the life of Amy!!!

1 comment:

Camille said...

And the scariest part (and an endearing trait about you) is you probably know all 200 kids names.

Followers