Saturday, October 23, 2010

I am Rich!!!

In institute on Wednesday we came across a scripture that spoke to me. It is in the Book of Mormon 2 Nephi chapter 9 verse 50 "Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and with out price." Then in verse 51 it says, "wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken: and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness." ( i put my fave words in bold) I love this scripture. It is so true that the Gospel of Christ is sweet like wine (well i have never tasted wine, but i have heard it is sweet) and rich like milk. It is offered to us all, poor, middle class or rich. Young or old, anyone may drink of this wonderful love, forgiveness, joy, and beautiful light it brings to your life. You just have to accept it. I am so grateful to have been born into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and not have to go far looking for this joy. I just had to be ready to accept it fully and yes it did take me a long time to fully accept it, but I did and I have never been happier. I had to go through this journey to get to the point when my heart was ready and willing to accept this great gift. I am glad I finally made that choice to drink. I didn't know how thirsty I was until 2 years ago and I had only drank a little until then. I am always going to be thirsty to drink more, but I am going to drink up as much as I can and do the best I can. I don't feel the Lord asks much of us, in fact I feel he has given us some pretty reasonable expectations. Also I am grateful that I have never been materialistic. I am grateful that I have had comfort more than most and some may think I am poor, but I am rich with the Gospel in my life. I need nothing more than that. If one day the Lord asks me to give what I have up to serve him, I gladly will because again it is all I need in this life. I am gaining this great love for the Book of Mormon in this class. I have always believed that they are words from God, but I am gaining a knowledge for myself that they are the words of God. I am looking forward to learning more throughout the rest of my life of this amazing gift and guide our Savior has given us. I am not the best at scripture study because I take things too literal, but that is something I am working through to truly understand what the words teach, but I do know that they are important words and words of love. This my goal to do my best to study every night and that is something I am working on too is to make it a nightly thing. I love the scriptures, but I have to make my day fit around studying them not study them if I remember or hurry. I need to truly study it. So I am rich!! Some may not see it that way, but I feel that way, so that is all that matters.

No comments:

Followers