Saturday, October 2, 2010

My happy life without dating or loving someone

I am just amazed at how happy I have been. 6 months straight and going strong. I remember last year at this time Andy told me he was getting married and how devastated I was. Now I am happy and so in love with my life. I haven't seen or talked to Andy since we went out in February for his birthday. As nice as that night was and it was nice for closure too, but it was dumb for me to do it since he was engaged. Anyways, now it is nice to see how much happier I am without having him in my life. I will always have a special place for him in my heart, but I realize that he is happy and that is all that matters. Now that I am over him and yet I still don't want to date. I just have no desire to get out there and deal with all that crap. I am just enjoying being with friends/family, going to the temple twice a week, reading my scriptures, learning from the scriptures, my job, and so much more. I am excited to keep growing and improving myself that I don't really want to bring in the stress of dating and relationships. Maybe that is wrong, but I feel that is right for me at this time. I just want to enjoy and explore this new life of happiness I have. To try new things and just live a life that I don't take for granted anymore. I am not perfect and I have so much to learn and so much growing to do, but this journey I am on is the path I want to be on because it is the path the Lord wants me on. He really does know what is best for me and it does bring joy into life. I know this to be true because I am experiencing it now. Joy is my feeling in life and my new fave word. It truly is a word that describes my life now. Trying to do your best to live the gospel fully really does change your life for the better. I have such a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is true without a doubt. Now onward I go learning and serving my Lord and growing finally to who I am and need to be. Life is awesome!!! and without dating!!!! (can i say joy anymore in one paragraph without sounding annoying? eh, oh well I am just expressing my feelings, so if you are annoyed shame on you for being annoyed with my joy!! but also sorry too!!!)

2 comments:

Sportshabit said...

I just committed to go a year without dating. I was married for 16 years and have been divorced for 2 years now. I have two kids; a daughter that is 15 and a son that is almost 13. I go to North Point Community Church in Alpharetta and recently our preacher (Andy Stanley) did a 4 part series called The New rules of Love, Sex and Dating. In the series Andy mentioned that going a year without dating to reset ourselves toward God's will in our lives could be a very good thing. That was almost three months ago and it has been on my mind since then. I was afraid of what I might miss out on if I decided to stop dating for a year. I have never gone without female companionship for very long in my adult life so it was kinda scary and I didn't know what it would be like or if I could do it. However, God has been consistent and He put it my mind and I have not been able to shake it. I need to work on me and not have the distraction of dating. I want to see what God is going to do in my life and I am excited about what the next year will teach me. I want to become the person I am looking for is looking for. In other words, I want God's best and the only way I can do that is to completely surrender to him and let him be in control of every part of my life. I wish you continued joy with your time of not dating! Ted

Leslie said...

I ran across your blog by accident but I am so glad I did. I just found out that my friend Jay was dating another girl. Although we never expressed that we were in a relationship, we talked every day for two years and we both said we weren't looking. Now, I found out that he has been seeing her for a while now. I am hurt but I am also tired of the dating roller coaster. I have been divorced for five years and I realize that dating isn't for me. It's too much up and down. Now is my time to focus on becoming the best me I can be for God, myself, my family and my friends. I know has a wonderful plan for me and I am looking forward to see where the future takes me without the distraction of being someone that God did not ordain for my life. Again, I am really glad I read this blog. Thank you! -Leslie

Followers