Friday, October 29, 2010

A few can make a big difference

Wednesday was the night planned for going to the temple to do Baptisms with Young Single Adults. This is something I feel is important to get them to gain a strong testimony of the temple. I was sitting there waiting and waiting for people to show up. Finally one of our leaders showed up and then the other leader showed up with his daughter and her boyfriend. He told us one other person was coming. Leader number 1 I will call him, started saying that maybe we should not go. That he didn't feel comfortable going with so little people. I said I feel that we should go still. That even though there were few of us we would most likely do 10 baptisms and 5 confirmations. That is 15 people each that we could help. The other leader, number 2, said that I would hate for us not to go, but we didn't have any family names and though the temple said they would have names for us, but he felt like we shouldn't go because we should of had the names. I then felt to say that it is wrong not to go. That we took this appointment from another group who could of gone, said we would be there, and they prepared names for us and to then not show up after all that is not good at all. I kept pushing, nicely, for 20 minutes that we should just go and do what we could. Finally the leaders agreed and we went off to the Bountiful Temple, my fave! While doing the confirmations the workers came in. The other girl and I had done 10 confirmations each by this time and the men were doing theirs, 10 each. The temple workers said that since we were the last group that we had to do some evening out. So he gave me and the other girl 15 more names each for confirmations and we did 5 baptisms each. The men got about 10 more confirmations each and did 20 baptisms each. That is 190 people who's work got done that night with 4 men and two women!!! It goes to show you that a few can do a lot of the Lord's work and make a difference. When we got back to our cars leader number 2 said to me, "thank you for helping us make the right choice by pushing us to go. It was the right thing to do." The thing is it is not me, but the Lord working through me. Although He didn't give me the words to say or give me strong impressions to push, but He has allowed me feel the power of the temple, has allowed my heart to be touched so by the Temple and to know how important the temple is. I know I have said it before and I will say it again, I love the temple!!!! I love serving the Lord there and doing the work. I have never felt so much joy until the day I received my endowments and for most of these 7 months have gone mostly twice a week or on some busy weeks just once. I have only missed 3 weeks at not going at all. I am not saying look how great I am because I am not. I am a very flawed human being, but I am grateful that I am worthy to go to the house of the Lord and serve him. I am simply saying that I know that if you go often you will feel this joy that I didn't know was possible. You can make a difference in those spirits lives who did not receive this great gift themselves in this life. They are waiting so patiently for us to do it. Anyways although I am a little sad that not many showed up and I have a lot of work to do, plus I was a little irritated I had to convince my leaders to go, but we did go and we made a difference that night. I am just going to have to fast and pray to figure out what I can do to help the ones who are living now on earth to gain a strong testimony of the temple as much as I have. I know it is mostly up to them, but I feel a little push couldn't hurt, right? I just want people as happy as I am. As President Uchtdorf has said, " You don't have to be perfect to go to the temple, but the temple can perfect you." I love that and know I feel like I do a little bit better in life and work a little harder to be better in life because of the temple. It has calmed me down as my family has constantly pointed out to me. It has given me confidence, happiness, love and so much more. I love who I am becoming because of the temple in my life. The Amy before was ok, but who I am becoming is who I have always meant to be. I thank my Lord and Savior for helping become who I am now. I couldn't be this happy and doing His work as much as I am doing without His hand in my life. The Lord can to that for you too if you just let Him in and allow Him to help guide your life and push you to reach your full potential. I know I am far from my full potential, a great distance away, but I am looking forward to see what happens in my life to help me get there. Also I know it is not always going to be pleasant and it is not always going to be easy, but I know whatever happens is necessary for me to get where the Lord needs me to be and that is what I always need to remember. It is easy now to remember since my life is going great, but when it gets hard I need to remember this.

No comments:

Followers