Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another "only Amy" moment

So, today I was in the teacher bathroom taking my usual 10:00 potty time. (my bladder is on a timer for some reason).I arrived to see that the toilet was clogged up. I took the plunger and was nice to try to get it unplugged even though I did not plug it up. I mean I could have left it and went to the other bathroom, so i am a good, kind citizen. Five minutes later it was down low, so I thought it just need to be flushed again and it was unclogged. Well when I flushed it, it started overflowing. At first it was a little and I was thinking, "Well, okay, no one has to know how dumb I was to flush it again not being sure it was unclogged. I will clean it up." Then it started gushing out really fast and got to the point I was like, "well that plan has gone out the window. How do I get out of this without looking too stupid." Plus I still needed to go to the restroom. So I ran up to the front and told my assistant director that the toilet was clogged. Before I could finish she told me to use the plunger, which I thought how dumb do you think I am, but I finished saying that I did and it started to overflow and I still needed to go to the restroom. So she went to stop it and I to the public restroom in the next building. When I returned she had already unclogged it and was cleaning it up. I told her I would do it, but she insisted, so I let her. I felt bad though.
Also I have some news, I was nominated to be president on a committee at work called Better Together. It is a group that helps moral and make teacher's know they are appreciated. I am excited because our moral has gone down and I care about the teachers and want them to be happy. Believe me working with a bunch of unhappy women is a very unpleasant experience. The last group was OK, but they were the attitudes that they were right and everyone else is wrong. They did do some awesome things, but it was like this is what we are doing so deal with it. I respect all the teachers and think they are some of the best out there, but they are also high maintenance. I am included in that category, but I am getting better. I want the teachers to truly care and respect each other. Right now it is an only out there for themselves and a few friends way of life. I want that to stop and people to see things from other points of view. I want them to see that people see things different and we should communicate like so. I have two wonderful, upbeat women who I am excited to work with. We are in charge of doing team building activities at staff meetings and do plan fun activities throughout the year. So we will see how things go. I am excited to have more responsibilities and it is good at getting more people skills, which we all know I need.

No comments:

Followers